Mar 15, 2021
Restaurant Employees Now Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services recently amended its interpretation of restaurant employees as part of the “food supply chain.” As a result, restaurant employees are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine because they are part of the food supply chain and are in jobs that put them in close contact with the public.
WRA has been advocating for restaurant and foodservice employees to be eligible for COVID-19 vaccines for several months. We are gratified that DHS is making it possible for the thousands of restaurant employees statewide to be vaccinated to protect themselves and restaurant customers from COVID-19.
As individuals become eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, we would encourage them to seek an appointment through the variety of outlets available in Wisconsin. This includes:
- Through their health care provider
- Through a community pharmacy, Walgreens, Kroger or Meijr
- Through other vaccine providers in Wisconsin, like local health departments
- UW-Milwaukee COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at the Student Union
- By calling 844-684-1064, a DHS hotline that provides personal assistance with vaccine-related questions
- By using the Wisconsin COVID-19 Vaccine Registry to find an appointment at a community vaccine clinic
Employers can help by encouraging their staff to receive the vaccine as they become eligible, and sharing information on where they can find an appointment.
Additional details and resources on COVID-19 vaccinations can be found on the DHS website.COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions from the Ask WRA Team