March 5, 2015
Midwest Foodservice Expo
March 9-11 in Milwaukee
The Midwest Foodservice Expo will take place March 9-11, 2015 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Midwest Foodservice Expo is the largest and most inclusive state show in the Midwest, bringing together ALL of foodservice and hospitality.
Foodservice professionals come to the Expo for new trends and product releases, tips for increasing productivity and profits and solutions to the challenges of today’s marketplace.
NOTE: Anyone working in the foodservice industry can attend the Midwest Foodservice Expo. The Expo is NOT open to the public. Registration is $30 online before March 5th at 5:00 pm or $45 on site March 9, 10 and 11.
2015 Expo Highlights
- Exhibit hall with thousands of innovative products, equipment and services in hundreds of booths showcasing the latest trends in foodservice.
- Monday’s opening speaker Chef Richard Blais: an American chef, restaurateur, James Beard-nominated author and winner of Top Chef All-Stars. The presentation will be in an informal interview format with Kyle Cherek from Wisconsin Foodie as the host. Monday at 10:00 a.m. (doors open at 9:30).
- Beer Garden offers tasty beer samples and expert beverage advice. Leinenkugel’s and Lakefront Brewing are collaboratively creating a special beer just for the Midwest Foodservice Expo available for sampling: a cranberry saison named Bog House.
- Food Trucks will be on display for a behind-the-scenes peek. Experienced food truck operators will be on hand to answer questions.
- Something Special from Wisconsin pavilion featuring specialty products from Wisconsin-based companies.
- ProStart Invitational culinary and management competitions for high school students Tuesday, March 10th. Teams from around the state will be competing.
- Art of the Cake Competitions with stunning displays of amazing edible artistry.
- Pastry Studio featuring hands-on demonstrations including cupcakes, eclairs, fondant and buttercream creations.
- Remarkable Chocolate Display created by Milwaukee Area Technical College Instructor Chef Tom LaPierre and Bakery Pastry Arts students.
- Gluten-Free Resource Center and education showcasing gluten-free products and education sessions for restaurants on accommodating customers’ gluten-free needs.
- Design Lab interactive showroom showcasing innovative approaches to design for front- and back-of-house.
- Wisconsin Cheese and Dairy highlighting some of Wisconsin’s best dairy selections with experts on hand from noted Wisconsin cheesemakers.
- Financial Statements: Tips from a CPA resource center offering business accounting advice for restaurants.
- Live technique demos in the Culinary Theater.
- Educational programs with practical knowledge on issues affecting the industry right now. Visit www.everythingfoodservice.org for a listing of seminars.
- Stunning displays in the Tabletop Design Competition where professionally-designed eight-top tablescapes are judged for innovation, functionality, technicality, first impression and cohesiveness – attendees vote and determine the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
- Networking opportunities for the entire industry.
- Charitable Auction with daily silent auctions to raise money for the non-profit Wisconsin Restaurant Association Education Foundation and support programs for students pursuing careers in the restaurant industry.
For more information visit: www.everythingfoodservice.org. The Midwest Foodservice Expo is produced by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association.
Exhibit Floor Hours
Monday, March 9: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, March 10: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, March 11: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Media covering the Expo are not required to pre-register to attend. Just check in at the 3rd Floor Registration Area of the Wisconsin Center at the top of the escalators for a free media pass.
- END -
Since 1933, the Wisconsin Restaurant Association has been dedicated
to the promotion, protection and improvement of the foodservice industry.