Wednesday • January 22, 2020
Restaurant Advocacy Day
For more information, contact:
Kathy Kiedrowski | Government Relations Administrative Assistant
Join us as we advocate for small business at the State Capitol in Madison!
Who tells the story of your business better than you? Fill the State Plate with your knowledge of the industry. This is your chance for your voice to be heard.
Park Hotel, Madison
- Talk face-to-face with lawmakers
- Help improve the business climate for small business
- Gain connections and build on your relationships with your legislators
The day includes briefing sessions, pep rally luncheon at the Park Hotel and small group lobbying at the capitol followed by a networking reception.
- 10:00 am — Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 10:30 am — Program Begins
Briefing on the Issues
Questions and Answer Session
- 11:00 am — Guest Speaker: Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald
- 11:30 am - Guest Speaker: Senator Tom Tiffany
- 12:00 pm — Lunch
- 1:00 pm — Briefing Issues Wrap-Up
- 2:00 - 4:00 pm — Meetings in the Capitol
- 4:00 - 5:30 pm — Joint Tourism Advocacy Reception—Location TBD
horsd’ oeuvres and cashbar.
Joint Reception Hosted by:
Wisconsin Restaurant Association
Event LocationsLuncheon and Briefing
Park Hotel – Capitol Square Madison
22 S Carroll Street
State Capitol Building
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Advocacy Day?
What does the day entail?
Wisconsin is currently controlled by a party I support. Do I still need to lobby my legislators?
I can’t afford to take a day away from my business. Is it really that important that I attend?
What can I accomplish face-to-face that I can’t do on the telephone?
How will I know what to say to my legislators?
The meetings are generally casual in nature – they will simply be conversations to share examples from your business. The best quality you bring to these meetings is just to be yourself, even if you’re nervous. You’re the expert on your own business, and that is what we want legislators to hear about.